Alabama House Democratic Caucus Announces
2017 Legislative Platform
Good Jobs, Strong Schools & Healthy Communities
Montgomery, Ala – The Alabama House Democratic Caucus announced its 2017 Legislative Agenda at a press conference this afternoon. The platform focuses on three main tenants: Good Jobs, Strong Schools and Healthy Communities.
“All Alabama families want is a fair shot and level playing field – and, they deserve that,” said House Democratic Minority Leader Anthony Daniels. “This is why we are focused on major investments in education, infrastructure, innovation and the Alabama worker.”
The ‘We. Are. Alabama.’ agenda, developed and agreed upon by the members of the House Democratic Caucus, focuses on:
- Improving access to quality education from Pre-K to higher education as well as properly compensating Alabama educators
- Investing in Alabama’s workforce through training and workforce development program
- Supporting Alabama Small Businesses
- Removing the sales tax on groceries for Alabama families just trying to make ends meet
- Ensuring Access to Healthcare for all Alabamians
- Reforming prisons and reducing recidivism
- Creating new revenue to support these important programs
Caucus members have introduced over a dozen pieces of legislation as part of the agenda package and more will be introduced in the coming weeks. Members will also be holding a series of town hall meetings across the state to discuss this agenda and other issues of importance to Alabamians.
“We are going to spend the next 20 days doing everything we can to make sure we get real results for those who sent us here,” said Daniels. “We are committed to staying focused on this agenda for as long as it takes to get it done. We know that this is a marathon, and we are prepared to do the work.”
The full platform is attached and available at: https://alabamahousedems.com/working-for-alabama-families/[Copy of Press Release HERE]